WHAT IS FAGONIA CRETICA
Fagonia Cretica (also known as Dhamasa, Suchi Booti and Virgin’s Mantle) is a plant which is member of the family Zygophyllaceae and found in arid areas of the world and specially in Pakistan. It is traditionally used against various health issues ranging from skin lesions to lethal cancer as it contains novel compounds responsive in diseases that are still considered as incurable or are curable with serious side effects.
Fagonia Cretica is a bitter, astringent and cooling herb. It is known for its stimulative, anti inflammatory, anti oxidant and thrombolytic properties. It helps to purify blood and decompose blood clots to help control hemorrhage and heart problems. It is also considered to support healthy liver functions and is a herb of choice for cancer treatment.
- Is the best blood purifier and decomposes blood clots to save from brain hemorrhage and heart problems
- It’s flowers and leaves can treat all types of Cancers, Thalasemia and PCOS/PCOD.
- Can be used for cooling effect – Treats all types of Hepatitis.
- Strengthens liver and prevents/cures liver cancer.
- Improves heart and mental ability.
- Is helpful in treatment of body pains.
- Cures allergies.
- Heals pimples and other dermatology problems.
- Strengthens stomach.
- Alleviates symptoms like vomiting, thirst and burning sensation, etc.
- Increases physical strength and weight of the weak and under weight people.
- Helps control weight for bulky persons.
- Cures mouth and gum disorders.
- Normalizes blood pressure disorders.
- Treats asthma and breathing difficulty.
- Helps recover from smoking side-effects.
- It’s hot infusion is given to prevent small pox.
- It increases urination and hence overhauls the kidneys and urination system.
- It is applied over neck stiffness.
- Being spermatogenic, improves sperm count in semen and helps normalizing the male and female reproductive systems.
- Perfectly controls Leucorrhoea disorders in women.
- Perfectly cures Atthra, an incurable female disease in Allopathic, in which blue or black spots appear in various parts of body skin. This disease leads to womb related disorders such as miscarriage, birth of dead child or immediate death of infant soon after delivery. Some babies die before birth in the ovary. Most pregnancies end with abortion and if not aborted, the infant dies.
There have been several studies on the Fagonia Cretica Plant. One such study was conducted by Amutul R Carmichael and Helen Griffith of Aston University and Russells Hall Hospital who concluded “Our findings indicate that Fagonia Cretica aqueous extract contains potential anti-cancer agents acting either singly or in combination against breast cancer cell proliferation via DNA damage-induced FOXO3a and p53 expression.” Read More
Another study was carried out by Ahsan Hussain, Muhammad Yousuf Irfan Zia, and Bushra Mirza in 2007 wherein they concluded “… the extract did not show any lethal activity against Agrobacterium tumefaciens strains, and furthermore, no DNA damaging activity was observed. The overall results indicate a strong anti-cancerous potential of this plant.” Read More
Samreen Saleem, a Biochemistry Doctoral Student at Quaid-e-Azam University, Islamabad concluded in her paper that “… results from the present study are in agreement with the ethno-botanical or traditional use of F. cretica against cancer growth. The current research work has established that F. cretica is a rich source of glycosides and certainly possesses significant anticancer activity against breast cancer cells.” Read More
Dr. Haidar Abd Algadir, a plant taxonomist at Medicinal and Aromatic Plants Research Institute National Research Center, Khartoum, Sudan mentions in his research that “Fagonia cretica L. exhibited antimicrobial activity against bacterial strains. It also reported that the plant aqueous extract has an anti breast cancer effect without exhibiting common side effects of standard cytotoxic therapy” Read More
Researchers Saleh I. Alqasoumi, Hasan S. Yusufoglu and Aftab Alam of
Department of Pharmacognosy, College of Pharmacy, Al Kharj University and King Saud University, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia conducted tests from gels made from this plant for wound healing properties and concluded that “the plant is safe for use as no mortality was recorded in the acute toxicity test and exhibited a good wound healing effect comparable to those of Betadine. The study has thus, provided some rationalization for the folkloric use of the plant in several communities for conditions, such as inflammation, boils, skin eruptions and other skin diseases” Read More
Can We Really Treat Thalassemia Major?
Rashid A. Seyal, Siraj M. Tareen, Hayat M. Awan
Department of Medicine, Seyal Medical Centre, Multan, Pakistan
It was for the first time in 1976, perhaps, that we got interested in this herbal product, when a Hakim gave this product to a breast cancer patient in the Seyal Medical Center, Multan, Pakistan. The blood group of the patient was B-ve, and it was very difficult to arrange the supply of blood group after each course of chemotherapy. When she started using Fagonia cretica, we evinced good clinical improvement and there was no need of blood transfusion after each course of chemotherapy. Thereafter, we started using this herbal product in all sort of cancer patients and observed that it takes care of almost all the side effects of cytotoxic drugs without compromising the cytotoxic efficiency of the chemotherapy, but instead supplements the cytotoxic efficacy of the drugs. Similar observations were made in Thalassemia.
Our more than 20-year experience with the use of Fagonia cretica has given a new hope in the treatment of Thalassemia. We observed that in almost all our patients, who regularly used the herbal medicine as recommended, the electrophoresis after about nine months of treatment evinced normal pattern. The size of the spleen and liver were reduced to normal and the ascites also disappeared. They exhibited impressive clinical improvement.
In 1992, a 12-year old girl suffering from Thalassemia major was having weekly transfusion besides having chelating agents. She was critically ill and was not responding to any treatment as the transfusions often resulted in severe blood reactions and the chelating agents caused a lot of distress. She had a lot of ascites with enlarged liver and spleen over and above 10 cm palpable below costal margins. She was given dried powder of Fagonia cretica whole flowering plant. She started exhibiting good clinical improvement in a couple of weeks with reduction in the size of spleen, liver and ascites. Her Hb F was 97.4% and Hb A2 2.6%, when she was first diagnosed at the age of six months. When she was almost free of the disease symptoms and was no longer transfusion-dependent for more than three months, her Hb A was 98%; Hb A2 was 1.6% and Hb F was 0.4 %
A seven year old boy was suffering from Thalassemia major when first reported. His hemoglobin was 4.2 G, liver and spleen were 7cm and 11 cm, respectively, palpable below costal margin; also, that there was a lot of ascites. He had been diagnosed with Thalassemia major when he was just six months old; at that age his hemoglobin was 6.3 Gm, Hb A 1.2%, Hb A2 2.4%, and Hb F 96.4%. He was given powdered Fagonia cretica. He showed good clinical improvement and after about one year he was no more blood dependent. His Hb was 12.4 Gm, Hb A 87.6%, Hb F 10.2% and Hb A2 was 2.2%.
A 13-year boy had been diagnosed with Thalassemia major when he was just three months old. Transfusions invariably caused severe blood reactions. His clinical condition gradually deteriorated. On the first visit his spleen was quite enlarged and palpable 7 cm below the costal margin and liver 5 cm. There was a lot of ascites. The bony deformities were also evident. His clinical improvement with this treatment was quite evident after about three and half months and more so after about six and a half months. During the course of treatment with Fagonia cretica he was not using other drugs. He is still using Fagonia cretica without any chelating agent or supportive medicines like folic acid or calcium supplements. Also, he never had blood transfusion after he started the herbal treatment. His Hb F dropped from 98.6% to 81.7% whereas Hb A increased from nil to 17.6%
We want to ensure that product we get is 100% pure. This is why we source raw material directly from growers. The plant is then washed, dried and turned into powder.
The plant in powder form is filled in capsules that are available for delivery.
- Chinovic Acid
- Oleanolic Acid
- Decoction of the plant is used for bathing to treat skin diseases such as eczema and skin ulcers.
- Decoction can also be used for gargling to treat mouth ulcers and gingivitis
- Cold infusion in dosage of 40 to 50 ml is used to treat nausea, diarrhea, and urination difficulty
- Dried powder in dose of 5g is taken with milk to treat general debility
There are no known or reported side effects from using Fagonia Cretica plant
HOW TO USE
- Take in capsule form after meals once or twice a day.
- Open and mix contents of capsules in food as seasoning.
- Empty contents of three to four capsules (5g) into a saucepan, add 200ml water and let rest overnight. Next morning boil the mixture on a slow flame to reduce water quantity to half (100ml) and drink the tea after filtering the powder.
- To derive even more benefit, drink the powder with the tea. The tea may taste bitter but has tremendous benefits. You can mix the cooled tea with carrot juice to make it more palatable.
WHERE TO BUY
- Please contact us